Before You Start !
Upgrade Your Server First. If you have a stand-alone installation on a single computer, your only computer is the server.
The server/computer where the database is stored must be upgraded before upgrading the client PCs.
To verify you are on the Server, launch Cemetery and look for the Status Bar along the very bottom of the main program window.
Note the 4th item in from the left: Insure the PC Role = Server. If the PC Role = Client, you will need to find the computer which shows “Server” to install the upgrade on the Server first.
Log in to Your Server as Administrator
Alternatively you can launch the Pontem CM program as Administrator (right click on the Cemetery short-cut and select “Run as administrator”.)
Microsoft Windows Warnings
If you receive a warning from Microsoft Windows or your anti-virus program, "An unknown program is trying to make changes to your computer, do you want to continue?” (or similar message), select the response which allows the upgrade to continue. If you are unsure how to answer this security question, contact your IT Technician.
Upgrade Your Server Application First
1. On the Server, Launch the Cemetery application and log in to your database as the Pontem application administrator
- Name for Versions 188.8.131.52 and higher = PONTEMADMIN
- Name for Versions 184.108.40.206 and older = UPGRADE
- Password from the Release Notice email.
2. Make sure no other users are connected to the database
From the Menu bar, select File, Administration, Licensing.
Select the Close button to continue
3. Retrieve and Download the Upgrade
--> Select Help, Check for Upgrade from the Menu Bar
--> Read the notice and follow the instructions. This notice varies depending on how old your current versions is. Some older versions may prompt for a password again. Newer versions will display your current version and the new version you may upgrade to.
4. Apply the Upgrade: The installation wizard will download the Upgrade Installer and ask you a series of questions. To complete the upgrade successfully, each message or question must be answered affirmatively. Questions vary depending on how old your current versions is.
--> Yes Apply: Do you wish to apply the Upgrade now? Select “Yes”
--> Select Tasks: leave defaults and select Next.
--> Default Configuration: Leave defaults and select Next.
--> Preparing to Install: Leave defaults and select Next.
--> Install: Select the Install button.
--> RTU Shut Down; you only get this if you have an Online Burial Site with Real Time Updates
--> Finish: Select to open the Cemetery log in dialog
Upgrade the Database Before Upgrading Client PCs
1. Once again, Log in as User = PontemAdmin. If your upgrade downloaded successfully you will be prompted to apply the upgrade:
--> “Your data must be upgraded from … Do you want to apply it now”.
Select “Yes” to continue with the Backup and Optimization of the database.
2. Backup and Optimize your Database will prompt you as follows:
--> Review and Back up: review the information and click the Next button to run the back up
--> Restore Dialog; select the Next button to begin the restore/optimization
(Note: For this to complete successfully , no other users can be logged in)
--> Finish the Restore and Optimize; click the Finish button
When completed, a confirmation will be displayed noting the revision number that has been applied.
3. Verify your login and upgrade version
--> Select File,Open an Existing Pontem Cemetery Manager, from the Menu Bar
--> Log in to your database with your regular user name and password
--> On the Menu bar Select Help, About and review the version information
Your Server Upgrade is now complete and you can Close the Pontem Cemetery and continue with upgrading the application on your Client PCs.
Upgrade Cemetery Application on Client PCs
After the upgrade process is complete on the server, the client machines will need to be upgraded. This is done automatically when you run Cemetery at each the client machine. This process may require administrator privileges on the local computer to install the upgrade.
1. Open the Pontem Cemetery program on the Client PC as Administrator
The Installation Wizard will start automatically.
--> Click the Next button begin the upgraded
--> Click Install button to proceed
--> Once completed, click Finish button to open the program
2. Log in to the program using a regular user name and password
3. On the Menu bar Select Help, About and review the version information
If you have questions or need assistance with the upgrade, contact the Pontem Help Desk via the “Submit A Request” this link or from your Help option on the Pontem CM Menu bar.
You can also call the Pontem Help Desk @ 888.237.8531.