Associating an interested party with an occupant is a great way to identify the appropriate people to notify in the case of site/monument damage, balance due fees, or annual renewal of subscription services such as flower watering or placement. It is also a terrific way to keep track of the individuals involved with the initial burial order.
Note: Before you can successfully associate an interested party, you must define how or why they are interested by creating a Role (see Customizing Your Drop-Down Menus).
To create an association between a Contact and an Occupant:
- From the Manage Occupants Workspace – search and find the Occupant record you would like to associate with an ‘Interested Party Contact’.
- Click on Edit Occupant.
- Click in the white space below the Contact row of the Interested Parties area to open an entry row.
- Type or select the name of the Contact.
Note: If the contact is not already in your database, the software will prompt you to add the new contact after typing the Last Name, First Name and hitting the Tab key. When this happens, click OK, enter the appropriate contact information, and then click OK when finished.
- Select the Role from the drop-down menu.
Note: If the Role of Authorization is selected, the Interested Party’s name and contact information will flow through to the Authorizer section of the Interment Report programmatically.
- Push the Tab key on the keyboard or use the mouse to click on the ‘Relation to Occupant’ field and select the appropriate choice from the drop-down menu.
- Repeat step 6 for the Relation to Owner field.
- Click Save.
The contact is now associated with the occupant.